Comments on bourbonv's review of Henry McKenna 10 year old

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on bourbonv's review of Henry McKenna 10 year old

Unread postby forumadmin » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:22 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about bourbonv's review of Henry McKenna 10 year old;.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby ACDetroit » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:22 pm

Hey Mike, reading your review on this made me notice the store by me has 2 bottles (bottom shelf very dusty) I did not notice a date on these bottles but I had never noticed them until the other day. Were all these bottled in bond?

Thanks for your review I may have to pick one up!
Tony Curtis

“So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey.”
W.C. Fields
ACDetroit

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:02 am

There are two expression of Henry Mckenna - the bonded single barrel and the regular bottling. If it is 100 proof, it is bonded.

Look at these dusty bottles closer. If they are quarters or 5ths they could be the old Seagram's bottling instead of the Heaven Hill version.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby ACDetroit » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:45 pm

Thanks Mike, I picked one up tonight. Barrel 252 from 1994, 100 proof bottled in bond. It reads Bottled in Kentucky by DSP KY 31 Bardstown so no, they were not Segrams bottling but I thought I should at least give it a try.

This stuff appears really dark with a real deep amber color.
Tony Curtis

“So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey.”
W.C. Fields
ACDetroit

Unread postby angelshare » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:24 pm

Not that we disagree with the tasting profile notes in and of themselves, but we agree with Gary that this is one of the finest HH whiskies. We think of this in a snifter or Glencairn (sp?), all by its lonesome - not mixed.

So, that comment begs the question - your favorite HH whiskey and how you would compare/contrast it to HM SB?
Dave & Tina
angelshare

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion