Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameOld Crow
Bottled ByJames B. Beam Distilling Co. Clermont,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content80 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Unknown
Age3
Views (since 20080612) 60543
Bottling Info

Review from barry m (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2299, Created:20140609174803) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:cape cod
Purchased for:$16 for a 1.75 liter
Info on this bottle:standard bottle as pictured above
Nose:[Olfactory impressions]Corn
Taste:[Description of the initial taste impression]strong taste of corn.smoother than expected
Finish:[Description of the lingering taste impression]fairly short finish
Overall:[Overall impression of this bottling]I have been trying to drink my way through the cheap bourbons to see if there were any good ones and I think I hit the jackpot with this one.Good on ice but better with coke.Will get you through the night

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Black Dan (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1853, Created:20100706191125) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Barneveld, NY
Purchased for:Still Cheap
Info on this bottle:A crow figure
Nose:Smells of whiskey
Taste:Tastes of whiskey
Finish:Left me with a profound sense of guilt
Overall:Cheap ass bourbon makes for a cheap ass Manhattan. Ahh, but cheap ass can be the most memorable ass. I like the label, too.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Don Galligan (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1723, Created:20091015130448)
Purchased at:Idaho State Liquor Dispensary
Purchased for:$7 for 750 ml
Info on this bottle:Original Sour Mash Recipe
Nose:I smell Corn and Alcohol. The alcohol is a treat for an 80 proofer.
Taste:Sweet candy corn, and pears. I was really surprised at the fruity quality of this bourbon
Finish:It had a burn! I was quite pleasantly surprised at the finish of this bourbon neat. Adding ice or water kills it.
Overall:You get what you pay for, but here I think you get more than what you pay for. It is a great value. It has almost no woody or char flavor, so it can be good for cooking sweet treats like slushes or Bourbon Balls. Give it a try. It is well worth your $$.

Review from LogicalFrank (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 811, Created:20070726193059)
Purchased at:Avondale Liquors, Chicago
Purchased for:Cheap
Proof Of this Bottle:80
Nose:Corn dominates, shaded by earth and plaster tones.
Taste:Light, slightly sweet, caramelly and well balanced. Much better than the nose would indicate.
Finish:Smooth but very short.
Overall:Old Crow is cheap whiskey and it's everything cheap whiskey should be. It will give you the strength to topple nations.

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 422, Created:20060318080057)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:5.00
Info on this bottle:Standard Bottle
Proof Of this Bottle:80
Nose:New whiskey, straw and corn with a little pepper spice and floral tones.
Taste:Raw Bisquet dough and corn.
Finish:Very short, thnkfully.
Overall:Bourbon and coke with lots of coke.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews