Bottling NameJim Beam Black Collectors Decanter
Bottled ByJames B. Beam Distilling Co. Clermont,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content86 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Age8
Views (since 20080612) 28845
Bottling Info

Review from Dump Bucket (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1712, Created:20091003210546)
Purchased at:Bay Area
Purchased for:About $25
Info on this bottle:155 Month Genie Decanter from 1970 - While and light blue thin and wide
Nose:Some soft rye spices with corn and touches of cream and candy corns (I know??? Beam???). This has a very nice nose and no cork to it even though it has been in this cool decanter for 30 yrs???.
Taste:Soft with corn, sugars, creams and then some rye and spice. Might even be some vanilla in here.
Finish:A little spice that gives way to some fruit and cream. Might be pears and some red apples, but not strong, just a great smooth blend of the corn, ryes, creams and a touch of vanilla or vanilla cream.
Overall:If beam was like this now, I would be a huge JB fan. There are things that make me think of Old Crow, Old Taylor and even WT in this juice. Just great wiskey.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Dump Bucket (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1672, Created:20090904225345)
Purchased at:Bay Area
Purchased for:$20ish
Info on this bottle:reno decanter from 1968
Nose:Nice smell... not a standard beam smell. Deeper and richer. Lots of corn and some touches of rye. there is also some cream and spice. Very nice smell
Taste:smooth corn and cream. with nice touches of sweet taste. Great taste here
Finish:THe finish is shorter than I expected, but still very, very noce.
Overall:Worth getting if you can find. Very tastey....

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Dump Bucket (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1652, Created:20090816211642)
Purchased at:Gift
Info on this bottle:1956-1963
Nose:Not your standard beam baby. This stuff smells like stuff I would buy :). Oak and caramael with some liquirish.
Taste:WOW!!!!! There is soft corn with a great band of flavor that reminds me of a wheated bourbon more than a ryed one. Sweet, corn, sugar (carmalized), cotton candy, liqurish and a whole lot more
Finish:Everything the taste was with a little alc kick just at teh right time. For an old bonded corked bourbon, there is not a cork taste or musty taste or finish... good stuff
Overall:If Beam would make this, I would be a bigger beam fan... damn this is good...

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1243, Created:20080820183721)
Purchased at:Tasted at BostonEntusiests
Info on this bottle:Bonded Beam, distilled 1960, bottled 1968, in a green "genie bottle"
Nose:A lot of subtle aromas: little bit of light oak, a little bit of young leather, a little bit of wet husk, or hay, or wet earth? 2-3 minutes in, still alcohol.
Taste:A little bit of an off-brand caramel -- not Brach's! Thin on the mouth in a sip; a half-mouthful had a hint of old-style 7-Up when it was more dry than sweet.
Finish:A pepper spike on the mouth that ran out for 30 seconds ending with wet husk. Between 0-30 danced between sweet and corn. The dry lemon-lime split comes in at 8-10 seconds.
Overall:COLOR:
Not quite orange, a little brown. Slow draw, then thin long legs across the wetted glass.

A nice mellow bourbon; nothing to write home about (but I wish it were available on American Airlines!)

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews