Comments on bourbonv`s review of Willett Straight Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey, Single Barrel

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on bourbonv`s review of Willett Straight Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey, Single Barrel

Unread postby forumadmin » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:59 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about bourbonv's review of Willett Straight Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey, Single Barrel.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Mike » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:59 pm

I enjoyed your reviews, Mike, knowing full well that I can count on what they report. It is good to see your reviews once again. Us BE folks put great store by them.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Re: Comments on bourbonv`s review of Willett Straight Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey, Single Barrel

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:50 am

Mike,
Thank you for the vote of support for my reviews. I am actually working on a tasting book with Susan Riegler so most of my tasting notes are being written for that project, but when I get something new that is not reviewed on the database here, I do the review. Besides there are several other people, including yourself, that are writing fine reviews so I feel no great need to add reviews here on a consistant basis.

Now as to these three Willetts I have reviewed - they are from three barrels purchased by the Bourbon Society. They are all very good bourbons. My favorite of the three is the 6yo because I love a good fruity bourbon. The 7yo is as spicey as the 60yo is fruity, which makes it a very good bourbon as well. My least favorite of the three barrels is the 16yo which is a very good bourbon, but like all bourbons of that age, the flavors are all barrel driven. It is the least interesting as a result.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion