Comments on Mike's review of Elijah Craig 12 year old

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on Mike's review of Elijah Craig 12 year old

Unread postby forumadmin » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:06 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about Mike's review of Elijah Craig 12 year old;.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Mike » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:06 pm

I looked over this review of EC 12 and decided to try another sip.........wondered if I had a bad day with this bourbon. But I was spot on, at least with the bottle I have. I have never had a bourbon fall off at mid-palate the way EC 12 does. Anyone else experience the same with EC 12?
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Mike » Thu May 03, 2007 11:15 am

Mike wrote:I looked over this review of EC 12 and decided to try another sip.........wondered if I had a bad day with this bourbon. But I was spot on, at least with the bottle I have. I have never had a bourbon fall off at mid-palate the way EC 12 does. Anyone else experience the same with EC 12?

OOPS! In looking back I just noticed Geekboy's post on EC 12. Bourbon Joe pointed out the variability of EC 12...........somehow that slid right past me or I just plain forgot it. Like Joe, seems I have had good EC 12 and now a bad EC 12.

Sorry for being a day late and a dollar short!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby BourbonDrinker » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:19 pm

I find the Elijah Craig extremely palatable. Although far from the best bottle I've tried, I do go back to this bottle quite often. I have yet to try a 'bad' bottle of EC, but I'll consider myself warned.

I'm still relatively young (i.e. poor) and am cursed with midwest sensibilities (i.e. I apprecaite a good bargain and have trouble allowing myself the expensive stuff), so 9 times out of 10 I pick up my $18 bottle of EC over my $65 bottle of Stagg.

An alternate I often go to instead of EC (when my midwest sensibilties are kicking in) is my bottle Old Forester.
Devin
Head Drinker
http://www.BourbonDrinker.com
Bourbon Ratings and Discussion
BourbonDrinker

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion