Comments on gillmang's review of Noahs Mill

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on gillmang's review of Noahs Mill

Unread postby forumadmin » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:16 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about gillmang's review of Noahs Mill;.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Mike » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:16 pm

Very good review, Mr. Gillman. At long last someone besides Barleycorn and I see merit in NM whiskey. If I understand correctly, this whiskey is purchased from various sources by the Kulsveens (sp.), so I wonder how much it varies in quality. Over the last few years I have had three bottles and I thought all quite good.........but like you have taken to reducing the proof to the 95 -100 area. I have found the KY XO to vary significantly in quality, the younger being the superior in my experience. The Rowan's Creek I have found to also be quite good.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby gillmang » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Thanks, Mike, and your comments were very good and helped orient my own in fact.

Like Rowan Creek, Noah's Mill seems composed of different distillations over thye years, possibly from different distillers.

But a profile broadly for each brand is maintained.

Rowan's Creek seems generally fruity and rounded, also medicinal.

XO (although I have not had it lately) seems the driest and most austere.

Noah's Mill seems well-aged but still big boned, sweetish yet not fruity.

They are excellent products which stress the "bourboness".

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby TNbourbon » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:04 pm

Well, there seems to be run on Noah's Mill, with Gary and Mike reviewing it recently. The very first bourbon tasting note I ever wrote -- on another site: you can see it here, http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/s ... ostcount=1 --was about this bourbon. I would add to my previous comments that my enjoyment of it increased as I finished the bottle, but I've never bought another. Today it seems to be closer to the stated age, and I fear it may not match the previous bottle.
TNbourbon

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion