Aberlour 12 Years Old

Love bourbon but still enjoy an occasional foreign whisky pour as well? Discuss some of your favorites here.

Moderator: Squire

Aberlour 12 Years Old

Unread postby Landrum » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:53 pm

Ladies and Gents, I must say that this is one of my new favorites! And what a bargain it is at $37.00 . How I have overlooked this single malt for so long is beyond me.

Landrum
Landrum

Re: Aberlour 12 Years Old

Unread postby vince » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:47 am

Excellent Single Malt. All of the Aberlours are excellent and well priced in my opinion, the 18 year old is superb as is the Abundah.
vince

Unread postby Ettore » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:30 pm

vince wrote:Excellent Single Malt. All of the Aberlours are excellent and well priced in my opinion, the 18 year old is superb as is the Abundah.

I could not agree more! Everything by Aberlour is delicious!
Ettore

Unread postby gman58 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Last week I tried and Aberlour for the first time; it was the Abunadh. Delicious. One of the best whiskies I've ever tasted.

I had actually never heard of Aberlour before. I stopped in a bar on way home from work and it caught my eye. Ouch, it was expensive though. But man, it was good.

I'll definitely try one of their other whiskies.
Be Spirited Today
gman58

Unread postby MacinJosh » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:44 am

gman58 wrote:Last week I tried and Aberlour for the first time; it was the Abunadh. Delicious. One of the best whiskies I've ever tasted.

I had actually never heard of Aberlour before. I stopped in a bar on way home from work and it caught my eye. Ouch, it was expensive though. But man, it was good.

I'm continually amused by the amount of Bourbonites that find the Aberlour Abunadh to their liking.....and usually in a big way! There's just something about that sherry bomb that tickles Bourbonites fancy.

Of course, us dark-siders have been enjoying Abunadh for quite some time.....but the word is certainly spreading in the bourbon community. ;)
Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didn’t understand the question."

"Sometimes I drink my whiskey neat. Other times I take my tie off and leave my shirt out."
MacinJosh

Unread postby wchurst » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:06 am

Funny how that happens...Haven't tried any Arberlour yet myself (just added it to the wish-list), but I had the same
experiance with several of the 'sherry aged' whiskies that I tried in the past.

There is something almost liek a "heavy fruit" in the taste of a sherry-cask aged vintage that almost makes me thirsty
...and I can definately drink more of one of these in one sitting, than I can of most Scotch in general. (I always put
it down to being close to my love of darker rums...darker, slightly sweet, and smokey!)

Time to go find me a bottle :-) ....Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Walter C Hurst
wchurst

Unread postby EllenJ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:05 am

MacinJosh wrote:
gman58 wrote:Last week I tried and Aberlour for the first time; it was the Abunadh. Delicious. One of the best whiskies I've ever tasted.

I'm continually amused by the amount of Bourbonites that find the Aberlour Abunadh to their liking.....and usually in a big way! There's just something about that sherry bomb that tickles Bourbonites fancy.

Of course, us dark-siders have been enjoying Abunadh for quite some time.....but the word is certainly spreading in the bourbon community. ;)

Add me to the (long) list of bourbonheads who love Abunadh.
What do the Scotch afficiandos think of this brand?
Are we enjoying the Scotch equivalent to Evan Williams Black Label?
How about those who really understand and appreciate fine bourbon.... and also fine Scotch? Do you also appreciate Abundah? And do you find yourselves having to defend that opinion when talking with pure Scotch-o-philes?
=JOHN=
(the "Jaye" part of "L 'n' J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
EllenJ

Unread postby vince » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:24 pm

EllenJ wrote:
MacinJosh wrote:

Add me to the (long) list of bourbonheads who love Abunadh.

What do the Scotch afficiandos think of this brand?
Are we enjoying the Scotch equivalent to Evan Williams Black Label?
How about those who really understand and appreciate fine bourbon.... and also fine Scotch? Do you also appreciate Abundah? And do you find yourselves having to defend that opinion when talking with pure Scotch-o-philes?

John, it has been my experience that Scotch Aficionados have a great appreciation fo Abundah (as well as for the other scotches in the Aberlour line). It is generally considered an exceptional scotch. I dont know if you follow Ralfy on Ralfy.com. He gave the Abundah a very high score on his review as well
vince

Unread postby leomitch » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:25 pm

For me Aberlour Single Malts are among the very best available. The 12, 16 and 18 are always being rotated in my collection, but the A'Bunahd is never absent.
I just finished a bottle of A'Bunahd Cask 45 at 60.2% Cask strength and am awaiting the new bottling of Cask 46 at 60.4% alcohol by volume. The A'Bunahd tastes wonderful with delicious hints of raisins, burnt brown sugar and dark Christmas cake and unless you are a masochist , you drink this nectar with water and this stretches out the bottle contents by about a fifth as I mix it. The water also opens up the complexities of the drink and leaves you in heaven. Drinking it neat is fine , but it will really blow out your sinuses. If you have a sore throat, drinking it straight will help a lot because you won't feel the pain for long. LOL!
Aberlour Single Malts rock.

Cheers
Leo
leomitch

Unread postby Ettore » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:41 pm

leomitch wrote:For me Aberlour Single Malts are among the very best available. The 12, 16 and 18 are always being rotated in my collection, but the A'Bunahd is never absent.
I just finished a bottle of A'Bunahd Cask 45 at 60.2% Cask strength and am awaiting the new bottling of Cask 46 at 60.4% alcohol by volume. The A'Bunahd tastes wonderful with delicious hints of raisins, burnt brown sugar and dark Christmas cake and unless you are a masochist , you drink this nectar with water and this stretches out the bottle contents by about a fifth as I mix it. The water also opens up the complexities of the drink and leaves you in heaven. Drinking it neat is fine , but it will really blow out your sinuses. If you have a sore throat, drinking it straight will help a lot because you won't feel the pain for long. LOL!
Aberlour Single Malts rock.

Cheers
Leo

I have never added water but i agree...it is one of the finest ever. But try not to tell too many people; I want to be sure there is more for me.
Ettore

Return to Scotch Whisky