Comments on Birdo`s review of Four Roses Small Batch

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on Birdo`s review of Four Roses Small Batch

Unread postby forumadmin » Sun May 08, 2011 7:34 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about Birdo's review of Four Roses Small Batch.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Mike » Sun May 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Well, Birdo, I won't try to second guess you.......... except to say that ALL Four Roses Bourbons are unique from other bourbons. They come at you like a house afire. You may well never like them, and if that is the case, so be it. You are your own man with your own palate. Personally, I would hope that your taste will turn because a world without FR Bourbons (in my opinion) is incomplete.

They stand alone. When I go to Heaven (fat chance, I know) there will be FR Bourbons. But, to each his own!!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Re: Comments on Birdo`s review of Four Roses Small Batch

Unread postby vince » Mon May 09, 2011 8:45 am

Everyone's palate is different and Four Roses is a very unqiue bourbon but to my palate it is fantastic! One of my favorites (both the small batch and the single barrel). I was at a derby party on Saturday and I was talking to two gentlemen, one that drinks Irish Whisky and the other that drinks Crown. They asked me for a recommendation on a bourbon to try. I gave them Four Roses Small Batch. Both came up to me later in the day to let me know they ordered a glass and both were blown away by it.

I know you will give it a try again Birdo, maybe your palate will change but if not there is still plenty of great bourbons yet to try. Enjoy the journey!
vince

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion