Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale

Unread postby drinkdrankdrunk » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Stuck working in damn Houston Texas, on my damn birthday no less, no family or friends (except y'all of course) and it's humid as all get out. I have possibly the worlds largest beer selection just down the road at Spec's Wharehouse and decided on some ice cold beer.

First I'm trying a 24oz, 6.7%, 2009 Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest Fresh Hop Ale. It is excellent. The head is really soft and creamy light brown. This is very hoppy, but also has some nuts and spice to it that keeps it from being overly bitter. Some citrus flavors also, but just a hint. I don't like fruity beers too much and normally gravitate towards the bitter, hoppy beers, but this one has a great balance of flavors. Says it's a mix of New Zealand hops and N. American malts. Highly recommended.

Also got an old friend, Arrogant Bastard Ale. He ain't never failed me yet. Cheers!
drinkdrankdrunk

Re: Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale

Unread postby RobotAZ » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:27 am

Any Sierra Nevada is pretty decent. Their IPA is a house standard stock in my home. My primary comment pertains to Arrogant Bastard. That is killer beer. Have you tried the Oaked Arrogant Bastard? Now THAT is an awesome brew.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Re: Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale

Unread postby Wild_Breed » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:31 pm

This is a great beer! I really enjoyed the bottle I had, though it's been a while since I've had it.
Wild_Breed

Return to What Ales You