Attention Michter's fans!!!

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Attention Michter's fans!!!

Unread postby EllenJ » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Bourbon Joe wrote:Isn't that during "Sampler" week??
Joe

I do believe you are correct, sir.

Another reason to make it a different weekend. I'd prefer May anyway. The Goddess' birthday is May 16th; that would be a good time.
The only reason I changed the reservation to April 24th is 'cause the person before had picked that day (tentatively). I don't know who it was, maybe it was Ethan. Anyway, in light of the Sampler event, I agree that the Michter's thing should be another weekend. One of those few where Joe isn't off sipping rum punches in the Islands would be nice. :D
=JOHN=
(the "Jaye" part of "L 'n' J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
EllenJ

Unread postby ethangsmith » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:59 pm

A lot of people have been contacting me recently asking when the tours will be. My answer at this point is "I'm not sure." The owner is in the hospital for major surgery and will not be back home until late April. At that time, we will start planning when the tours will be. The owner's son has been taking care of the place since the owner is in the hospital and he is doing some work on the interiors of the buildings to make them a little safer and cleaner for tours. STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO IN MID TO LATE APRIL!!!
If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.
ethangsmith

Unread postby ethangsmith » Mon May 10, 2010 9:13 pm

I just posted this update on StraightBourbon also:

The owner of Michter's Distillery was in the hospital longer than anticipated but is now at home resting. He will have a few weeks of recuperation, but as soon as he is able, we will start planning the Michter's tours! It's a good thing we didn't do the tours back on Valentine's Day. Our fears of a roof collapse turned out to be true. The 4 feet of snow proved too much for Warehouse D's roof and it fell in the weekend the tours were planned! Stay tuned for more updates!
If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.
ethangsmith

Unread postby ethangsmith » Tue May 25, 2010 5:31 pm

Guys and gals, I have bad news. Due to the snow storm damage to the buildings, the owner's insurance agent said he would not allow tours due to liability. The snow did significant structural damage to several buildings and they are now unsafe to be inside or near. There is also now renewed pressure from the local government to have the site torn down because more has collapsed. I am VERY sorry about this, but our hands are tied right now. If anything changes, I will let you all know but at this time, tours can't be done safely.
ethangsmith

Previous

Return to Bourbon, Straight