Vintage Hill & Hill info?

There's a lot of history and 'lore' behind bourbon so discuss both here.

Moderator: Squire

Vintage Hill & Hill info?

Unread postby wkruzel » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:38 pm

I discovered a bottle of this and am trying to get mroe info on it. I have a pic I can email. White label, with a red band on the top, black screw top. It's got to be 20+ years old, never opened, stored well. Is this an investment or something to crack open on a special occasion or garbage? Thx for any help! wkruzel@aol.com
wkruzel

Re: Vintage Hill & Hill info?

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:26 pm

I have had Hill and Hill before and If I am remembering correstly, it was not a bad drink at all. If you enjoy good bourbon, open it up and enjoy. It will never have much value and the experience is probably worth more than the hundred dollars or so you might get on ebay.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Re: Vintage Hill & Hill info?

Unread postby drinkdrankdrunk » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:34 pm

I have a 1980 Hill & Hill as well as a 1980 Old Taylor and they taste identical aside from the difference in proof. The Old Taylor is 86 proof from that time period and the Hill & Hill is 80. If you like butterscotch you'll like the Hill & Hill. I also have a 1977 Hill & Hill that is still sealed. It is a pre- National Distillers bottle and you have now peaked my interest to see if there is a difference.
drinkdrankdrunk

Return to Bourbon Lore