Bardstown Campground Recommendation - Little Patch of Heaven

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Bardstown Campground Recommendation - Little Patch of Heaven

Unread postby crappie_fisherman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:57 am

Okay...we did the bourbon trail this past October.

We were coming up from the Smokies and decided to stop and do some of the distilleries.

Problem (or blessing) is that we were driving our 40' diesel pusher coach...so I'm pretty limited (and particular) with where i'll park it.

So...we looked at the map and looked for campgrounds.

We would be hitting Town Branch and Barrel House on our way up I-75...I would NOT be drinking since I was responsible for navigating a 32,000# motor home with 4,000# jeep in tow...but it looked like a three night stay and Bardstown was the best central location.

I called a campground with the opposite of black in its name and MADE A RESERVATION for a 40' COACH THREE MONTHS IN ADVANCE. The OWNER told me we were good to go...I asked for them to take my credit card and send me a confirmation...she said "that's NOT how we operate"...I was officially nervous.

Fast forward to October...we show up there at 5:30PM and expect a site SUITABLE for a 40' pusher coach...all they had was a 20 degree UNLEVEL site...

Long story short...they ALLOWED a group of campers to EXTEND which forced ME to be SOL. ALL campgrounds that I have stayed at in my near 10 years of camping will allow people to extend ONLY if there is ROOM. This opposite of black CG has it's OWN rules...which forced me to scramble after a LONG day of travel.

So...if you are interested in a REAL campground that understands how to treat their customers...check out "Little Patch of Heaven". FWIW...none of the CG's in this area are "luxurious"...but Little Patch of Heaven has incredible owners that go above and beyond to make their CUSTOMERS HAPPY!...

Staying in Bardstown is a nice near "central" location to hit the distilleries...Beam and Makers Mark are on their own location...but the others are accessible...provided you do as we did and come THROUGH Lexington on your way and hit Town Branch (and Barrel house - Craft tour) on your way...

Good luckk...let me know if you have any questions on the "camping" experience on the Bourbon Trail...
crappie_fisherman

Return to Bourbon Expeditions