Bourbon in Seattle, WA

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Bourbon in Seattle, WA

Unread postby MiBourbon » Mon May 06, 2013 8:17 pm

I'm visiting Seattle on business. I had an afternoon off yesterday so I decided to check out some of the local distilleries that are opening in the area. I found a great outfit (http://www.localcrafttours.com) to take me on a 4 distillery tour (Glass, Letterpress, Sound Spirits, and 2Bar spirits). Most are making craft gin and vodka but a few are dabbling in bourbon (products not ready yet). I highly recommend the tour if you are visiting the area. Can anyone recommend other Wa distilleries worth visiting?
MiBourbon

Re: Bourbon in Seattle, WA

Unread postby EllenJ » Tue May 07, 2013 11:27 am

Fremont Mischief in Seattle and Woodinville Whiskey Co. in Woodinville, about a half-hour away.
ESPECIALLY Woodinville! Their "micro-barreled" bourbon totally blows away the myth of "small-barrel stink" that applies to so many artisan/craft distillers. This is what young bourbon should taste like, and rarely does.
=JOHN=
(the "Jaye" part of "L 'n' J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
EllenJ

Re: Bourbon in Seattle, WA

Unread postby SeattleMasher » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Definitely check out Woodinville Whiskey Co. Within the first couple of months of 2014 they will be moving just down the road to a larger distillery, made possible by the success of their products, wheated bourbon, 100% rye whiskey and a vodka. All spirits are Washington-sourced. You may have seen their Age-Your-Own Whiskey kits in your local sources, or online. They have also just released a barrel-aged maple syrup and barrel-aged honey that from what I understand, should be available online shortly.

Just south of downtown Seattle there is a distillery by the name of Westland, but I have not yet checked it out. Also in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, a short walk from downtown, there is Sun Liquor making gin and vodka. If you're looking to travel a little, there are other micro distilleries around the Puget Sound area.

Let me know if I can help with other local info.
SeattleMasher

Return to Bourbon Expeditions