Four Roses Private Single Barrel Collection

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Four Roses Private Single Barrel Collection

Unread postby Mynewaddiction » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:13 am

Hi -

So I may have the opportunity to aquire one or two bottles from the Four Roses Private Single Barrel Collection. I do not, however, know much about these bottles other than they are different from each other , barrel strength (123 and 126 proof), have different mashbills 75% vs. 60% corn, and both seem to be from a limited supply, somewhere around 200 bottles produced for each.

Is this a no-brainer? Should I grab both and be on my merry way? I love barrel strenght juice and have yet to have any of the Four Roses barrel aged stuff. Anyone care to share their expereinces with the Four Roses Single Barrel Private Collection?

Thanks!
Mynewaddiction

Re: Four Roses Private Single Barrel Collection

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Definitely a no brainer. Both mashbills at barrel proof. A great find.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby GaryV » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Agree with Joe 100%. I'd buy them regardless of which of the 5 yeast strains they are (they're all great, IMHO)
GaryV

Unread postby amg » Mon May 05, 2014 8:42 pm

I picked up a couple of these last week. One is OBSF and the other is OBSO. So same mashbill, different yeast. It's amazing the difference that the yeast makes. These have totally different flavors. The O is very sweet and fruity, but the F is very earthy. Both excellent. Very interesting side by side comparison if you get the opportunity.
amg

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings