Buffalo trace experimental?

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Buffalo trace experimental?

Unread postby carddoug » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:26 am

I recently traded my bottle of stagg for the 23 year old large French oak bourbon... Lookin on the bottle it says that total production was 1 barrel.... Does this mean that they only had one barrel of this stuff made?
carddoug

Re: Buffalo trace experimental?

Unread postby EllenJ » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:04 pm

That's my understanding.
Which explains why the experimental bottlings are so expensive.
Buffalo Trace is extraordinarilly attuned to not gouging their customers on price. They've taken some heavy criticism for their policy of limited release vs. pricing to the elite collectors, and I'm totally in support of that policy. If you want a Buffalo Trace experimental, you have to either be in the right place at the right time, or you lose... no matter how much you might be willing (or able) to pay. Good for you Mark Brown, no matter WHAT the richies might say about you!

P.S. - Anyone else would've charged twice what you probably paid for the Stagg, too.
=JOHN=
(the "Jaye" part of "L 'n' J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
EllenJ

Unread postby carddoug » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Yeah I thought it was a pretty fair trade, I just didn't care for he stagg. I usually am able to get to the experimentals and antique collections.... I live like a mile a way from the distillery. Lol
carddoug

Unread postby Mynewaddiction » Tue May 14, 2013 9:13 am

Are all of the experimentals that difficult to obtain? I recall running into several of them in my travels awhile back.
Mynewaddiction

Unread postby EllenJ » Tue May 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Like I said, Right Place - Right Time. Apparently you managed to hit on both of 'em.
Are you within traveling distance of Cincinnati?
I don't have CardDoug on my list -- yet -- but living within only a couple hours drive, he absolutely has no excuse for not showing up at least SOMETIME during the weekend or previous week.

CHECK THE WATERCOOLER forum's "3rd Annual Get Together" thread!!

Oh, and bring examples of BT Experimentals that you'd like to share with some of the rest of us!
=JOHN=
(the "Jaye" part of "L 'n' J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
EllenJ

Unread postby SebertJr » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:03 pm

I've had the luxury to try a few.....and this single oak project is phenomenal , I've managed to hoard a couple cases of that !!!

SebertJr

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings