Best Bourbon Selection in Lexington

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Best Bourbon Selection in Lexington

Unread postby RevTim » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:22 pm

First off, let me thank you all for providing me with a wealth of info into the world of fine bourbon over the past year! I feel I know at least a little about what I'm looking for when I go into a liquor store.

Speaking of liquor stores - I will soon be in Lexington for one night and one night only and would like to know where to find the best selection to bring home with me. I will not have a lot of time out on the town, so I may only have time to walk into one or two stores. I live in Atlanta, so I have a good deal of selection to chose from at home but I know there is a lot out there that I can't find in the ATL. Any suggestions? Also, since I may feel a little overwhelmed, any suggestions on a couple interesting bottles I should purchase for around $35 each? Thanks!

Tim
RevTim

Re: Best Bourbon Selection in Lexington

Unread postby independant » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:49 am

I stopped at the Liquor Barn in lexington on my last visit.
921 Beaumont Centre Pkwy, Lexington, KY‎ - (859) 223-1400‎
This was the one I went to but if you type Liquor Barn into google maps it will show you where they all are at.
while I was there I picked up the following.

SB willett reserve
old forester birthday bourbon 2008
old forester signature
old forester 86 proof
wild turkey rare
russels reserve 90
hancocks reserve
elijah craig 18yr
four roses yellow
four roses small batch
four roses sb
heavan hills BIB
old grand dad BIB
old grand dad 114
woodford reserve
1792 ridgemount reserve
eagle rare 10 yr SB

I lost my receipt so I was not able to document what each bottle cost, but looking at my account I spent 458.00 there so that comes out to 27.00 a bottle. Most of these are bottles that I can't get in Virginia so it was well worth it to me.
independant

Unread postby cornbred » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:41 pm

It might be too late now but I would recommend trying the Liquor Barn in Hamburg Shopping Center. It's the largest, newest location and probably the easiest for you to visit. It's just off I-75 at Exit 108.

Hamburg Pavillion (at Man O'War Blvd)
1837 Plaudit Place
Lexington, Kentucky 40509
Phone: (859) 294-5700
www.liquorbarn.com

Don't forget to buy your Derby glasses.
cornbred

Unread postby RevTim » Sat May 16, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks for the recommendations! I ended up going to the Liquor Barn off of Man O' War - great selection!

I picked up:
Old Fitzgerald's 1849
Very Old Barton bib
Old Grand Dad 114

I haven't seen any of these in ATL (maybe the OGD 114 but it was not that price) so I'm glad I made the stop . Thanks again for the help!
RevTim

Unread postby Mike » Sat May 16, 2009 4:47 pm

RevTim. I live in Conyers and since you are a bourbon lover, I recommend that you come to Conyers for a visit to Sigman Bottle Shop. It is at the intersection of GA HWY 20 and Sigman Rd near the Rockdale Hospital. They have the best selection of bourbon in the Atlanta area (as you noted though, there is a poor selection of Barton bourbons in this area and only a fair selection of Old Ftiz). But they have all the Four Roses and much, much more..............anything that can be gotten in GA, they have.

Ask for Rocky and tell him Mike sent you. Even if there is much that you are unwilling to purchase, if you are like me, you still like to look. Send me a PM and if I am available I will meet you there.

P.S. I am more than willing to share anything in my fair collection of about 80 or so bourbons. Mayhap, since I take it that you are in the ministry, you can discuss some issues relevant to a mere human who most closely fits the description of heathen.

Be ye warned, however, I be full of shit!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to Bourbon, Straight