Ain't No Law

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Ain't No Law

Unread postby Mike » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Ain't No Law what says you can't change yo mind about a bourbon. Blind tastings, of which I ain't much a fan, prove it over and over again, even if they don't prove nothing else.

Taste is itself a matter of taste............. and yet, let us not be too hasty here. In addition to all the other things that can influence taste, reputation ain't among the least of them.

I be having a sip of Pappy 15 over agin a sip of E H Taylor BIB.

Pappy be better, in part cause I know it 'posed to be better. Is it really? I hope you don't believe I'm gone say anything but 'cept of course its better.

Have at me if you will.

Now, 'tother side of this argument (we are arguing, ain't we?) is that I would contend that what I be saying is not that tastes are completely subjective, which to me is a nonsensical, and pseudo circular, argument, but are, at least in some ways, PUBLIC.

P.S. I do not mind being tolt that I am full of shit, it happens often.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Re: Ain't No Law

Unread postby Vital » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:28 am

Yes.

As much as I like certain drinks IN GENERAL truth is that sometimes (most often when you least expect it) you, your body, your tastebuds are just into something else you had or haven't had before and didn't like all that much back then. Something that taste as good at that very moment as your "best" drink but it will not taste as good tomorrow yet your "best drink" will be your best for years. Weather, mood, what you eat now or ate an hour ago, what you drink and drunk that day....all these things matter.

I guess to sum it up - I'll still buy Blanton's to have in my house for whenever I feel like as opposed to Jim Beam Black I enjoyed so much yesterday at a party.
Vital

Re: Ain't No Law

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:36 pm

some of my favorites I've liked since first taste, others grew on me. Booker's was the first bourbon I actually enjoyed drinking, and still have as one of my favorites. Another, Dickel 9 year/103 proof....I thought was only so-so at first but really love as one of my favorites now, but still have to be in a certain mood to really enjoy it, but when I do, it is superb.
393foureyedfox

Return to Bourbon, Straight