Oh, my goodness!

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Oh, my goodness!

Unread postby Mike » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:46 pm

I am having a four way conversation twixt myself, Jack Daniel's (Single Barrel), Old Grand Dad Bottled in Bond (I am a great grand dad in both meanings of that expression), and Barleycorn, my imaginary dog, who, at the moment is beating me at a game of Slap Jack (he always insists on shuffling the deck). Jack and Old Grand Dad are arguing over who is older.

Sometimes, brothers and sisters, LIFE just flows. May I say that it flows best when it is not beholden to the constraints of ordinary reality, and no, this is not spoken from the distortion of too much of the juice, but from a realization that Reality is not without its own mask, one that pretends to be far more than it is.

Still, should I continue the conversation for a short while yet, it is, as it has been in the past (as some BE old-timers might remember) possible that Mark Twain will join the conversation. If, perchance, you think 'tis time for me to have my head examined, let me suggest that you examine your own before you accuse me. Give me Bullshit over real Shit anytime.

Barleycorn has been reading the BE posts recently and has proclaimed that what BE needs more that anything is a healthy dose of Bullshit.

Mark Twain says he agrees, and also likes a sip of JDSB over agin a sip of OGD BIB.

Salute, me lads and lassies (do we have any lassies?............ at one time we did)!!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Re: Oh, my goodness!

Unread postby Squire » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Twain shows up here occasionally when he's in the mood for some Old Grand Dad.
Squire

Unread postby Mike » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Squire wrote:Twain shows up here occasionally when he's in the mood for some Old Grand Dad.

And bemoans the fact that Old Crow is but a shadow of its former self.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Squire » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:03 pm

Now don't get him started cussin.
Squire

Return to Bourbon, Straight