Mike Veach's 'Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey An American Heritage

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Mike Veach's 'Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey An American Heritage

Unread postby Mike » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:08 pm

Having been absent from BE for well over a year, I missed any mention of Mike Veach's book on bourbon. It was published in 2013 and is an excellent and interesting read. In addition to being very readable, it provides a great deal of information on the illustrious history of bourbon and its lore. Since bourbon's history is an integral part of American History, Mike does a first rate job of providing the context in terms of major world events, and the dynamic social changes, affecting bourbon's fortunes and its ups and downs and its efforts to keep itself thriving.

I recommend Mike's book to anyone interested in bourbon and/or American History.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Re: Mike Veach's 'Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey An American Heri

Unread postby Mike » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:28 pm

I had forgotten about the Library topic forum and now see that Mike's book did receive several reviews there. But, I will leave this post, because newcomers may not know that we are privileged to have an expert, and a great gentleman, as a founding member of this site.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Re: Mike Veach's 'Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey An American Heri

Unread postby mhatzung » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:32 am

Mike's book is very well written, insightful and informative. It is one of the few books I have read more than once and will probably pick it up again in the near future. Of the bourbon history books I have read, I got the most out of his.
mhatzung

Return to Bourbon, Straight