Jim Beam Black Drops Age Statement

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Jim Beam Black Drops Age Statement

Unread postby WhiskeyCollector » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:25 pm

Not another one! New Jim Beam black bottles no longer say "aged 8 years".
Sad really.
WhiskeyCollector

Re: Jim Beam Black Drops Age Statement

Unread postby Birdo » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:44 am

I figured that 8 year age statement was on borrowed time. That's a lot of aging for a bourbon in this price range. In fairness to Beam, some of the biggest names such as Wild Turkey and Makers don't have age statements.

I like Beam Black, but rarely buy it. I typically buy 90+ proof bourbon because it holds up better on the rocks, so Beam Black doesn't do it.
Birdo

Unread postby Eggman » Sun May 03, 2015 11:13 pm

Howdy,

Yours truly has a sentimental fondness for JB Black; Sorry to hear this news. Since Beam sold out to a foreign concern, this Bourbon enthusiast has moved on to Old Forester Signature for authentic American Bourbon.
Eggman

Unread postby Birdo » Wed May 06, 2015 11:05 am

Eggman wrote:Howdy,

Yours truly has a sentimental fondness for JB Black; Sorry to hear this news. Since Beam sold out to a foreign concern, this Bourbon enthusiast has moved on to Old Forester Signature for authentic American Bourbon.

I don't think you should go down that road. Many distillers are now owned by foreign companies including Four Roses and Wild Turkey, and probably others. I know all the big beer companies are now owned by foreign companies. I also know the Japanese are very serious about good whiskey, so Suntory might do a great job with Beam.

You can buy Brown Forman stock if you want, I personally wasn't compelled to own their stock, but they do make great bourbon. I'm pretty sure Heaven Hill is privately owned by an American holding company, they make some of my favorites.

The Japanese buy a lot of bourbon and that is good for American workers regardless of ownership. If you like Beam I think you should drink Beam. I'm a big fan of the Knob Creek product line.

Cheers.
Birdo

Return to Bourbon, Straight