anything like elmer t lees in the price point

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

anything like elmer t lees in the price point

Unread postby docsspot » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:50 pm

o.k., first, let me say hello to all. i am new here, and noooo professional connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination. what i am is a blue collar guy that likes to have an occasional drink. i have never been much of a beer drinker, will have one with my dad here and there, but have always been more of a bourbon guy. i drank/drink jack daniels as my house bourbon, but like better bourbons for sipping on occasion. i have recently started keeping ridgemont reserve 1792 around, and like it pretty well, particularly for it 30 dollar price point, but i am searching for something similar to elmer t lees in the same price point. i used to keep elmers around as my sipping bourbon, loved it, and for the price it is the best bourbon i have ever drank;however, it has become increasingly difficult to find, nearly impossible at this point. like i said, no expert, i am on here for knowledge and experience/opinions. in addition, i know many people will mention bourbons like blantons, i love it and have a bottle now. it is a special occasion bourbon in that in my area it is 64 a bottle. many people may consider that pocket change, but way out of my price point for regular drinking. any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.
docsspot

Re: anything like elmer t lees in the price point

Unread postby MAKEITOUTOFWOOD » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:40 pm

Hello,

I am also a new guy here. I've been into Bourbon for 3 years now. So no expert here either. I would suggest Eagle Rare. It is also a Bufelo Trace product and uses the same mash bill as ETL. I have a bottle of both open right now and prefer the ER10.
Maybe I just got a real good bottle of ER10. I'm going back and buying the other bottle they had on the shelf.

You may also want to give the standard Bufelo Trace a try. It's a nice Bourbon in the price range of $25-30.

Cheers
Mike
MAKEITOUTOFWOOD

Unread postby Squire » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Hey docsspot, welcome aboard. If you haven't already tried it I recommend Four Roses Small Batch.
Squire

Unread postby Wasatch » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Squire wrote:Hey docsspot, welcome aboard. If you haven't already tried it I recommend Four Roses Small Batch.

Also love the FRSmB. :D
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby sheikyerbouti » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:51 pm

Squire wrote:Hey docsspot, welcome aboard. If you haven't already tried it I recommend Four Roses Small Batch.

+1
sheikyerbouti

Unread postby RandyG » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:43 am

Have you ever tried Elijah Craig 12YO? It might be what your looking for.

Cheers,
RG
RandyG

Unread postby angelshare » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:06 pm

You are our kind of bourbon enthusiast! Buffalo Trace is quite good, Eagle Rare 10 yo is even better.

Any Very Old Barton expression is a bargain.

As for Four Roses, the standard bottling is an amazing value. Though It's above the ETL price, the single barrel Four Roses may be the most affordable premium bourbon.ever.
Dave & Tina
angelshare

Return to Bourbon, Straight