Am I alone and weird?.....

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Am I alone and weird?.....

Unread postby RaksAbijah » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:00 pm

I've only been drinking/appreciating whisky for a couple of years and would like to say that my palate has become a little more refined (but it's subjective, eh?) So am I the only one who sometimes likes to sip a whisky right off of the bottle?.....Sometimes when I'm bored and toodling about the house, I grab a nip right off the bottle to give my palate something to think about (does that make me a drunk?). I've found those nips to be just as satisfying as drinking from a spirit glass (not the same-different, but yummy).
RaksAbijah

Re: Am I alone and weird?.....

Unread postby fricky » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:34 am

You are not a drunkard unless you drink from your bottle and it is inside a brown bag and you are sitting in the doorway of an abandoned building.
fricky

Unread postby Wasatch » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:26 pm

I just about always use a glass.
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby alext » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:46 am

I swig from the bottle occasionally, especially when I am at my bar deciding what I want without tainting my glass, bourbon?, rye?, scotch?, cognac? rum? Not sure, have a sip of one.

You are not a drunk unless you have a physical dependance on alcohol, sounds to me you like you enjoy drinking whiskey, I wouldnt be too worried about how you do it (unless its from a funnel)
alext

Return to Bourbon, Straight