ET 354 Discontinued!

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

ET 354 Discontinued!

Unread postby onemangang » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:49 am

I just got a message from ET. 354 has been discontinued.
Bummed out!
onemangang

Re: ET 354 Discontinued!

Unread postby jp_stargazer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:22 pm

I recently bought a bottle based on various mentions here and elsewhere, but have yet to open it. I wonder, how does it compare to the Old Forester products? I enjoy Old Forester Signature and was able to get a store selected Single Barrel as well. I might have to open my bottle of Early Times 354 to see if it's worth buying more before it's gone.

I wonder if they are going to divert any existing barrels intended for ET 354 to the Old Forester line?
jp_stargazer

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:17 pm

not surprised. It didnt seem to move well
393foureyedfox

Unread postby Ed_888 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:10 pm

http://www.internetwines.com in St. Louis is selling the Early Times 354 for $7.99 per 750 mL.

I tried some. Certainly not a sippin' whiskey, but I didn't pour it down the drain, either.
The bottle and labeling were nice, anyway.
Ed_888

Unread postby oknazevad » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:08 pm

jp_stargazer wrote:I recently bought a bottle based on various mentions here and elsewhere, but have yet to open it. I wonder, how does it compare to the Old Forester products? I enjoy Old Forester Signature and was able to get a store selected Single Barrel as well. I might have to open my bottle of Early Times 354 to see if it's worth buying more before it's gone.

I wonder if they aare going to divert any existing barrels intended for ET 354 to the Old Forester line?

AFAIK, Early Times and Old Forester are different mashbills. So unless they're intending to change the flavor profile of OF tremendously (which I doubt), they'll just use those barrels in the regular Early Times, which is mostly straight whiskey anyway (only about 20% of a bottle's contents are aged in used barrels.)

Doesn't really surprise me that it's be discontinued. ET is aimed squarely as a low cost brand with a young flavor profile. It's not exactly the sort of brand where people are looking for a more premium expression. Especially when it was not that much different from the regular.
Last edited by oknazevad on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
oknazevad

Unread postby preacher » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:50 am

No surprise there.. even among the bottom shelf dwellers its product movement was painfully slow. The store I work at probably sells less than a case a month.
preacher

Return to Bourbon, Straight