Just Rambling I Guess...

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Just Rambling I Guess...

Unread postby onemangang » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:43 pm

I just have a few questions I need some help with!

1 - I have recently found ET 354 and I absolutely love it. The problem is, my normally well-stocked package store has been out for 3 weeks now and they don't know when they'll have any! I "heard" from another store that they had discontinued the line. Any truth to this? I sure hope not!

2 - OK, if someone says they like an American whiskey that tastes like bananas, JD products come to mind. What product would you recommend if I wanted an in-your-face sweet corn flavor and finish? How 'bout caramel?
onemangang

Re: Just Rambling I Guess...

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:42 am

I believe ET354 is just regular ET that has all been aged in new barrels, whereas plain ET is aged in some new, though mostly used, barrels. Ive not had the 354, but If i were a big fan of it and couldnt find it, I cant imagine regular ET being too different in profile to not be able to temporarily substitute it.

Corny........try Mellow Corn or George Dickel.

caramel.......Maker's 46 comes to mind first, with its heavy caramel-vanilla profile
393foureyedfox

Unread postby RandyG » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:57 pm

Carmel & Vanilla? You have to try Wild Turkey Rare Breed. It is one of the best bourbons in existence if you ask me, and at a price will not break the bank.

Cheers,
RG
RandyG

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:05 am

WTRB is a nice one, currently my number 3 favorite. I think the new 112 proof version is better than the now-extinct 108 proof version. at $32 here, you cant go wrong with it. If you like WT101, this is a big step up along the same profile.
393foureyedfox

Unread postby shulaw05 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:14 am

as to your first point...i don't know if et 354 was discontinued, but it is still on the shelves by me in northern illinois
shulaw05

Return to Bourbon, Straight