Hunting Jim Beam

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Hunting Jim Beam

Unread postby thalantyrdsl » Fri May 23, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi there,

New to the forums.

I'm a bit of a Jim Beam freak, collecting full bottles of Jim Beam with all sorts of labels from all around the world.
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any good sources (besides Facebook) to source older Jim Beam bottles?

I'm based in Australia so my access to Jim Beam is very limited, but the bottles I'm chasing are regular $15 bottles from your standard store.
Some are released as Limited Edition such as Jim Beam Indianapolis, College Football, NYSE, etc. They would have been easily available 5-10 years back.
Stores still hold old stock but being so far away in Australia it's quite hard to track these down and am looking for local contacts in the USA for assistance.

If anyone could help out here that would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
thalantyrdsl

Re: Hunting Jim Beam

Unread postby BarrelAged » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:02 pm

I know you said you were looking for full bottles, but there's also some cool older bottles. For example i found a bottle of Bonded Beam in my wifes grandparents house, I believe it's from the 1970's. It's a pretty cool bottle, round with a long neck and a big cork stopper. If you interested in seeing a pic let me know an i can post one so you can keep an eye out for one while your hunting.

Regards,
Steve
BarrelAged

Return to Bourbon, Straight