What bourbons are you stashing/hoarding at the moment?

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Re: What bourbons are you stashing/hoarding at the moment?

Unread postby fishnbowljoe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:31 pm

CohibaJoe wrote:I have been searching for Weller 12 for the past 3 months. Since there is Very LOW stock to NONE and just No more being made currently (Yeh..Wait 2-3 Yrs)

I got a Hit on a store and had 14 Bottles. (Talking to the manger and the locals do not drink this brand). Asked the manger to put these on the side....Lucky my Brother In-Law lives close to the store ( Mid West)...Got these Friday.

Got a call today that 8 more came in....That's it for the store as none in the Warehouse...And Yes...Purchased these to at $28 per bottle... :D

One can never have enough Weller. The pic below is from two or three years ago. Not shown is a second case of Weller 12 I forgot I had stashed away in my basement.

Weller 12 is still being produced, although in somewhat limited quantities, with smaller allocations. As of a couple of years ago, it was supposedly only being released once a year like Pappy and the BTAC. I've heard from a number of sources that think some distributors may be holding onto Weller 12, and slowly doling it out a few bottles at a time.
Attachments
W1.jpeg
W1.jpeg (309.65 KiB) Viewed 10037 times
"The only bad bourbon, is the one you didn't have."

Please drink responsibly
fishnbowljoe

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:21 am

Joe,
I envy you thise Weller Centennials. I remember the day we picked the whiskey for the brand at Stitzel-Weller - It was a cold, brisk morning about 10:30 in the morning with snow flurries in the air. The Weller was right amount of sweet caramel and vanilla balnced with some oak tannins and pecan nuttiness. To this day I want some of this whiskey on such mornings and that is why my bottles are gone now. Enjoy a sip for me the next cold winter morning this winter.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby fishnbowljoe » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:29 pm

bourbonv wrote:Joe,
I envy you thise Weller Centennials. I remember the day we picked the whiskey for the brand at Stitzel-Weller - It was a cold, brisk morning about 10:30 in the morning with snow flurries in the air. The Weller was right amount of sweet caramel and vanilla balnced with some oak tannins and pecan nuttiness. To this day I want some of this whiskey on such mornings and that is why my bottles are gone now. Enjoy a sip for me the next cold winter morning this winter.

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. To have been involved with picking out the whiskey for the Centennial is something special you should be very proud of. IMHO, your tasting notes are spot on. Like I noted, my picture is from two or three years ago. Quite a lot of what's pictured isn't around any more. I've finished off some bottles, and shared some too. I only have two Louisville bottles of the Centennial left. They are tucked away in the very back of my cabinet so I won't be tempted to open one. :wink:

Cheers! Joe
"The only bad bourbon, is the one you didn't have."

Please drink responsibly
fishnbowljoe

Unread postby RandyG » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:13 pm

Just picked up 3 more 108 Rare Breeds. Will continue to do so until there are no more around.

Cheers,
RG
RandyG

Unread postby Augmister » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Eagle Rare
Four Roses Single Barrel

Just scored, this afternoon, two bottles of Colonel E.H. Taylor Barrel Proof. Gun safe material.
Augmister

Unread postby Wasatch » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:38 pm

I have to re-stock, again. :o
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby gauze » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:23 pm

been missing from the forums for a bit but not from buying:

I picked up 5 bottles of Old Fitz BIB on word they no longer make it :(

I went hunting for Heaven Hill 8 year but that is all dried up now.
gauze

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:59 pm

I do know that the very special 12 y/o old fitz is going away, being replaced by Larceny.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby WhiskeyCollector » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:02 pm

Been hoarding bourbons and other whiskeys and hard liquors for about 2 years and I'm up to about 70 bourbons.
I don't drink a lot so these should last me quote a while!
Attachments
IMG_1228.JPG
IMG_1228.JPG (312.03 KiB) Viewed 9802 times
IMG_1229.JPG
IMG_1229.JPG (259.54 KiB) Viewed 9802 times
WhiskeyCollector

Unread postby Wasatch » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:11 pm

Still working on it. 8-)
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby RandyG » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:36 am

RandyG wrote:Just picked up 3 more 108 Rare Breeds. Will continue to do so until there are no more around.

Cheers,
RG

Up to eight now :mrgreen:
RandyG

Unread postby LeNell » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:10 am

After hauling a collection over the border twice after moving to Mexico and doing biz there, I may never hoard again. It's all fun and games until it's time to pack and move cross country, pay fees to clear customs into another country, then pack it all up again and do it in reverse. Then we had a house fire and it all got stored in crazy ways, damaging labels and corks. It's dang hard moving this stuff around! I just unloaded most of my collection not realizing I had as much as 26 bottles of WT American Spirit. :lol: I am still holding on to a few bottles that tear me up like my signed original Elmer.
LeNell

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:25 pm

LeNell wrote:After hauling a collection over the border twice after moving to Mexico and doing biz there, I may never hoard again. It's all fun and games until it's time to pack and move cross country, pay fees to clear customs into another country, then pack it all up again and do it in reverse. Then we had a house fire and it all got stored in crazy ways, damaging labels and corks. It's dang hard moving this stuff around! I just unloaded most of my collection not realizing I had as much as 26 bottles of WT American Spirit. :lol: I am still holding on to a few bottles that tear me up like my signed original Elmer.

Hi Sweetheart. Glad to hear that you are still involved in bourbon. I now spend winters in Alabama. Love to see ya sometime.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby sheikyerbouti » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Wow...like cigars, I just can't hold on to bourbon that long. Maybe if I buy more than 1 bottle at a time...*sigh*
sheikyerbouti

Unread postby stresssolutions » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:28 pm

My store doesn't stock Fighting Cock, and I kinda like it, so I've been hoarding my half bottle for a while. I bought a dusty Benchmark single barrel with a bad/stuck cork, and really like it too, so I don't drink it much, either.
Living life one day at a time...
Mick
stresssolutions

PreviousNext

Return to Bourbon, Straight