Bourbon Tasting Results for 11-8-06

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Bourbon Tasting Results for 11-8-06

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:02 pm

Attached please find today's tasting results. I normally like FRSB, but today it put me off a bit. Old Wathens rules.
Joe
Attachments
Bourbon Tasting 11-8-06 at Ron's.pdf
(8.91 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby Mike » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:40 pm

Joe, one day I really want to meet you...........and one day you will reduce me to utter silence...............probably a very good thing!!

A tip of my hat to you!! The more I think I know bourbon, the more you cut me off at the knees!! You keep us all honest..........even as we (should I say 'I') persist in believing we know bourbon.

I love bourbon, Joe, I love talking about it, I love believing I know something..........all evidence to the contrary nothwithstanding.

I will play this game a while yet because I find pleasure in it, and, because I like the people with whom I am in conversation. I have always insisted that Barleycorn and I are full of shit..........and so we are!!

I will go on acting like I know what I am talking about because, in spite of everything, I still believe in myself when I am tasting bourbon and taking my notes.

In life paradoxes abound, making it all the more interesting!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:51 pm

You know Mike blind tasting can be a very humbling experience. When you sit down with one particular bourbon and ponder it, take notes, etc. you are convinced that what you have experienced is very real. However, when you put this same bourbon up against it's peers, you never know how you'll rate it until all is revealed at the end of the tasting. I always think I'm full of shit until I see that a bunch of the others have also seen it my way during the tasting. You just never know Mike.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby bunghole » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:55 pm

Oh ima believes :!:

Love the original Wathen's single barrel with a passion. I haven't had any Wathen's for nearly two years now. That's a sad thing. :cry:

:arrow: ima :smilebox:
bunghole

Return to Bourbon, Straight