Bourbon Tasting Results For 4-19-06

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Bourbon Tasting Results For 4-19-06

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:26 pm

Here are today's bourbon tasting results. The great Hirsch 16 y/o was included but lost to some other great bourbons. Enjoy.
Joe :)
Attachments
Bourbon Tasting 4-19-06 at Doug's.pdf
(8.66 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby bunghole » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:56 pm

Wow Joe! I would have loved to attend that shootout! It does not surprize me that Wild Turkey Tribute won out over Jeff's Reserve & A.H. Hirsch. That had to be a close call, as they are all sooooo good. :salute:

I think I would have tossed Pappy 15 into the fray just for fun. :drink:

:arrow: ima :cabbage:
bunghole

Unread postby Mike » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:18 pm

Joe, you had Jefferson's Reserve up against two fantastic bourbons. I had Jefferson's (no Reserve) and thought it was very poor, so I hadn't bothered to try JR. Your shootout convinced me to try it. See my review.

I had to hold myself back in that review. I see now why you guys rated it so highly. Anyone reading these forums will know that Tribute and Hirsch 16 YO rate very, very high on my list.

JR is indeed right there with them, and belongs with a handful of others with the elite of world spirits.

I can't really say with any certainty what makes a bourbon great as opposed to good or very good, but I definitely put JR in that great grouping (I also put Pappy 20, Hirsch 16, Black Maple Hill 21, Tribute, G T Stagg, ORVW 15,.........Pappy 15 and Van Winkle Lot B 12 YO are good candidates too, as is Noah's Mill, and maybe Rowan's Creek).

Just the musings of an old man who happens to like bourbon (and a few other spirits).
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to Bourbon, Straight