The bourbon find of the DECADE

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby gillmang » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:44 pm

I'll make sure I pick up a bottle at Toddy's next time I'm in Bardstown or Liquor Barn in Louisville.

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby Strayed » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:23 pm

And I think the OGD 114 was superior bourbon in more ways than just the higher proof. In other words, I believe just reducing your 114 to 100 would still put it at an advantage to the Bottled-in-Bonds... then and now. Bring it anyway, though; I'd LOVE to taste OGD114 from when (I suspect) that really WAS around the natural barrel proof. I'll still bring the '59er, but in a contest I'd put my money with your 114.
=JOHN= (the "Jaye" part of "L & J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
Strayed

Unread postby gillmang » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:20 pm

John, thanks, just to clarify, the OG 114 I mentioned is the currently available version in Ontario (marked Batch No.1), and this is the same version I've also seen available currently in the U.S. The ND OG I mentioned is an 80 proof whiskey. It was distilled and aged in the 1980's at the Frankfort plant operated by ND until the sale to Fortune Brands in 1987. I do welcome the chance to taste mine against your '59-er and those two against a current OG. The ND 80 proof, as against the current OG's (including the 114) just seems more stylish, more rich...

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Previous

Return to Bourbon, Straight