If Eagle Rare 101 was so great, why stop production??

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

If Eagle Rare 101 was so great, why stop production??

Unread postby Joeluka » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:03 pm

I liked the Eagle Rare 101, dont get me wrong but I will always go with a ER 10 SB over the 101. Does anybody really disagree with that??

Joe :?:
Joeluka

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:19 am

Yeah Joe,
I'll have to disagree with you. I find the Er -101 exceptional. Sorry you don't agree.
Joe :flag:
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby White Lightning » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:12 am

Pure speculation... but I'd guess BT couldn't keep Buffalo Trace (the bourbon) propped up and had to cut into something to do so.

I think the ER101 was probbly the better more stable product of the two 10 year olds. JMHO.

ER SB seems sort of an anomaly, (a good one mind you) but being single barrel, the age of most other SBs seems to be hidden/undisclosed.
ψ£
White Lightning

Unread postby Joeluka » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:38 pm

JoeBourbon wrote:I'll have to disagree with you. I find the Er -101 exceptional. Sorry you don't agree.

I didnt say I didnt like ER 101 but I prefer the ER SB, thats all. I always would go with AAA 10 year and BT instead of the ER 101 when I picked up my "affordable pour". So take that and I be waiting for you outside after school.... :pain10:

Joe
Joeluka

Unread postby mickblueeyes » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:46 pm

So is the ER 101 still around anywhere? I need to get a couple bottles for my collection!
In spiritus veritas
mickblueeyes

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:58 pm

It's still around Mick, but getting rarer by the day. I understand there is a bunch of it in Texas if you know anybody there.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby kystraightbourbon » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:53 pm

I have to say that I prefer the ER 101. I wish I could find more. I wondered why it was no longer produced and TNBourbon schooled me on the subject. It's all about money and marketing.

The SB was just week and flavorless by comparison. Again, that's my opinion and doesn't have to be someone else's. I actually prefer Buffalo Trace to the single barrel as well.
kystraightbourbon

Return to Bourbon, Straight