Bourbon for best man

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Bourbon for best man

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:20 pm

depends on the guy. i for one, did not care much for the 4RSB. If he's a woodford lover, im not sure if that taste preference would carry over to something like that.
393foureyedfox

Unread postby Squire » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Oh heck, just give him something good, he will appreciate it and you will probably help him drink it anyway.
Squire

Unread postby JPBoston » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Squire wrote:When gifting I like to choose something they will appreciate but not necessarily buy for themselves, so in this case I would look hard at Parker's Heritage Collection, BT's Antique Collection, Four Roses Limited Editions, or, if you have access to them, some dustys like the Bourbon Heritage Collection.

Feel free to send me a gift anytime, friend. :)
JPBoston

Unread postby GBrough » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:32 pm

RandyG wrote:Definately the Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit. Their Rare Breed would be a nice addition as well (two turkeys are better than one :mrgreen: ). If that Jefferson's is an 18 year old, or better yet, a 17 year old, that would be special indeed. It will say Jefferson's Presidential. Four Roses is good stuff too.

Cheers.
RG

I agree with the kentucky spirit and the rare breed, both are fantastic and the KS is my go to bourbon after a hard day. I would recommend a Macallan cask strength or oban 14 but you asked for bourbon so maybe rowans creek or Elijah Craig Barrel Proof if you want something besides the two that randy recommended.
“A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
GBrough

Previous

Return to Bourbon, Straight