Flask, when and when not to use

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Flask, when and when not to use

Unread postby GBrough » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:32 am

I would most likely put WT101, while my taste may be expensive i can still sit back and enjoy it. I got an old glass flask i can put alcohol in, i just need to find a new cap.
“A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
GBrough

Unread postby GBrough » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:40 am

Birdo wrote:I don't own a 'flask'. You can get a plastic travel bottle if you want, they are handy on the golf cource, and you can sneak them into the Derby infield. Go cheap in case it gets confiscated. Evan Williams black in a plastic 750 works nicely.

Where i live we got baseball games, and movie theaters which are both okay to sneak alcohol into besides that you got parties we aint got to many reasons to own a flask. In my family you own a flask because A. tired of drinking cheap alcohol, B. you are a boozehound, or C. both A and B.
“A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
GBrough

Unread postby GBrough » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:57 pm

I put my antique weller in my flask good for a tipple every now and then without being expensive.
GBrough

Unread postby ebo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:14 pm

I take WT 101 and OGD BiB in a flask to the golf course regularly.
ebo

Unread postby Bob Barker » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:21 am

ebo wrote:I take WT 101 and OGD BiB in a flask to the golf course regularly.

You read my mind as I have been known to do the same thing although ill throw in the additional reccommendation of black bottle for those chilly rounds the little nip of peat is enjoyable for the scotch drinkers out there
Bob Barker

Unread postby ebo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Bob Barker wrote:
ebo wrote:I take WT 101 and OGD BiB in a flask to the golf course regularly.

You read my mind as I have been known to do the same thing although ill throw in the additional reccommendation of black bottle for those chilly rounds the little nip of peat is enjoyable for the scotch drinkers out there

Yep. I've been known to take Talisker and Laphroaig on some chilly November outings. :wink:
ebo

Unread postby JPBoston » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:33 am

I'm not a golfer (though it does seem like a perfect way to use a flask), so the movie theater is my favorite place to bring a flask. Adds to the atmosphere of it all, while being much cheaper than buying soda there. :)
JPBoston

Unread postby Bob Barker » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Movie theatre is a great place as well and a remember many a movies in which the price of that $8 coke was made much more bearable by a flask full of bourbon. And don't worry I usually just mixed my least favorites with the cokes not anything of real quality.
Bob Barker

Previous

Return to Bourbon, Straight