Seeking info on this list of Bourbons

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Seeking info on this list of Bourbons

Unread postby EllenJ » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 am

MauiSon wrote:... I didn't waste a nickel or a minute on any of 'em - they've all been good enough to finish and have added to my understanding of bourbon and rye.

Very well put.

I'm supposing that when you said "polished off" you meant "over a reasonable period of time", of course :lol:

It's good to sample bourbons by the glass or flight at a well-stocked bar, especially expensive ones. It's good to meet and talk with new people, exchange ideas, and sample friendliness, too. But if you want a more in-depth relationship, someone's gonna have to take someone home for awhile. It works that way with bourbon (or rye, rum, or even -gulp- Scotch), too. You need to spend time with what's in that bottle, to drink some at different times, with different conditions, with different attitudes; I believe your way is totally the best for doing that.
=JOHN=
(the "Jaye" part of "L 'n' J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
EllenJ

Unread postby MauiSon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Yeah, to clarify, I started with bourbon and rye in February, usually have 2 or 3 bottles open at a time and very rarely have more than 3 drams per session.
Alas, I chose Wild Turkey Rye 101 as my next dance partner - yummy! I think I may need to have a Wild Turkey or Four Roses bottle open at all times (and I haven't even broken into Buffalo Trace's line-up yet).
MauiSon

Unread postby Smallmouth Bass » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:30 am

New to the forum; happy to be here, and currently enjoying a glass inside with this crazy December "Draco" weather. I've been on a 1792 kick for a few months, and just purchased a bottle of Willet Pot Still Reserve. I rather like it; it has a spicier aftertaste than the 1792. I also enjoy "quality" beers (i.e. stouts, porters, IPA's, Belgians), but have gravitated back to the bourbons of my home state. I'll be taking up the semi-consensus of the thread and trying out the Blanton Reserve and EC 12 in the near future.

Stay warm and have a Happy Holiday,

The Bass
Smallmouth Bass

Previous

Return to Bourbon, Straight