Stars & Stripes Bourbon

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Stars & Stripes Bourbon

Unread postby AntG » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:49 pm

starsstripes2.JPG
starsstripes2.JPG (96.34 KiB) Viewed 4095 times
G'day guys and girls, I'm new to this forum and was wonder if anyone here may be able to help ID this bottle of bourbon. Not exactly sure where it came from but the story is that my late Grandfather got it during or after WWII, he was stationed in Papua New Guinea during this time. So if there is anyone who has any info on this particular brand it would be much appreciated if you could share some info.

Cheers, Anthony.
Attachments
starsstripes1.JPG
starsstripes1.JPG (66.97 KiB) Viewed 4095 times
AntG

Re: Stars & Stripes Bourbon

Unread postby Goldie » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:00 am

I can't tell you about that label specifically, but I have had a bourbon made by that distiller. the one that I have is named antique bourbon and the bottles I have are from the early seventies. I have a review posted on this website. my understanding is that Frankfort distilling is the name of the four roses distillers back in the day. according to the bourbon review, seagrams (who owned Frankfort distillers at the time) change the name to four roses in 1956 in order to capitalize on the name of their most famous brand. however, like I said before, my bottle says Frankfort distillers, Louisville ky even though the name had been changed long before my bottles were distilled.
Goldie

Re: Stars & Stripes Bourbon

Unread postby AntG » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:40 am

Thanks for the info Goldie, some more googling for me tonight.
AntG

Return to Collector's Corner