Sampler Packs of Beer

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

Sampler Packs of Beer

Unread postby PaulO » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:31 pm

Have you ever bought one of these? You know, a case, 12 pack, or in between size of an assortment of different beers. I got one recently of different Michelobs. The one beer that really stood out was the Irish Ale. The Marzen just tasted like a slightly maltier Budwieser. The others were OK. One new Michelob that I got a six of is the dunkleweis. I was quite startled to discover AB made a bottle conditioned wheat beer with yeast. I tried two other assortments, one from Schlafey, the other from Dundees. They were about average. In some way I thought it was like slight color variations of the same beer. Probably the best assortment was the one from Spaten; Optimator, regular Spaten, and Franziskaner.
PaulO

Re: Sampler Packs of Beer

Unread postby Brewer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:43 pm

Paul,

Yes I have bought a number of Samplers over the years. I think they offer a good way to try a number of different beers with one easy purchase. The downside from my experience is that most of the beers offered are pretty ordinary. Now I stay away from the Samplers and buy styles that I know I like.
Bob
Brewer

Return to What Ales You