Samuel Adams Brewer Patriot Collection

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

Samuel Adams Brewer Patriot Collection

Unread postby Brewer » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:34 am

At a recent stop at my local distributor, I saw a new package from the Sam Adams folks that caught my eye. It's a 4 pack, wiht 4 different "historic beer styles". These include: Traditional Ginger Honey Ale, George Washington Porter, James Madison Dark Wheat Ale and 1790 Root Beer Brew.

Each has a description on the package:
Ginger Honey Ale: "This effervesence golden brew remains unfiltered, as it would have in the colonial era. The bright citrus aroma & flavors of fresh ginger & lemon zest are balanced by the subtle maltiness of lightly roasted malted barley & the floral sweetness of wildflower honey"

James Madison Dark Wheat Ale: "Unfiltered and hazy, this deep mahagony brew pours with a dense creamy head. The slight tartness of malted rye is balanced with sweeter roasted malted barley notes of coffee and toffee. Malted barley, hand roasted by our brewers, adds a subtle smoky finish reminisient of colonial brewing"

George Washington Porter: "This dark unfiltered brew is medium bodied with a deep roasted malt aroma. The molasses & licorice in this brew are authentic to American porters of the colonial era, as is the more assertive hop finish."

1790 Root Beer Brew: "The intense aroma of this unfiltered brew is immediately evident with spicy, herbal notes of Sassafras, wintrgreen and licorice. These balanced with the sweet aroma and flavor of caramelized sugar and molasses. This beer finishes withthesubtle complement of vanilla ad wildflower honey".

I'm currently on "the wagon", so I haven't tried these yet, but thought they'd be worth a try. It cost $12 for the 4 12 oz. bottles. Has anyone seen/tried these yet?
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Mark » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:25 pm

I haven't seen them Bob but I sure am interested in trying them! :lol: I know you cannot have any now but if you wouldn't mind grabbing me a 4 pack next time your in there I'd appreciate it. We can sample them next time we get together as long as you can have them by then. :cheers:

They all seem very interesting to me but that 1790 root beer brew sounds different.
Last edited by Mark on Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Mike » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:52 pm

Thanks for the update, Bob. I will give them a try when they come my way. I was looking for some Old Foghorn t'other day.......they didn't have any, but didn't check out what else they had.

My budget for spirits and beer was seriously damaged when I went for the CR XR Canadian whiskey. And, I must put a bit of cash back for the upcoming trip to Louisville. While there, I must try the bourbon barrel stout, not to mention a few bourbons I want to try too.

Is bourbon free in Kentucky?
Last edited by Mike on Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Brewer » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:56 pm

Mike wrote:Is bourbon free in Kentucky?

Mike,

If it is, send me a PM Pronto, and I'll be there in a jiffy.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:01 pm

Mike,
Come on up to Kentucky and I will share some bourbon with you. I don't have the 23 yo Pappy but I do have some 15yo and couple of other Van Winkles. I am sitting at Chuckmick's computer right now with Chuck and Gayle Hack with a table full of bourbon and a few Newcastle ales as well.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Return to What Ales You