lagavulin 16

Love bourbon but still enjoy an occasional foreign whisky pour as well? Discuss some of your favorites here.

Moderator: Squire

lagavulin 16

Unread postby RandyG » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:46 am

Just tried Lagavulin 16 year old a few weeks ago and all I can say is WOW!

I am more of a bourbon and tequila drinker, make that sipper, but have been trying a few Scotches lately. Bought an Aberlour A'bunadh a while back and liked it a lot. Wished it had a tad less of that sherry wallop, but still a great pour. I have several different Laphroaig 10 year old cask strengths on the shelves as well. This one took me quite a while to warm up to, but once it took, it took hard. Again, a really great pour, but I have to be in the mood for a peat train spewing iodine all over the place. I have been hoping to try the said Lagavulin for a while and when my dad came up for my son's graduation, I asked him to grab a bottle. All I can say, is that it knocked both of our socks off. So much so that he ordered a case and said he would bring a couple up with him next time he visits.

Next will likey be two Ardbeg's I've been dying to try. Their Corryvreckan and Uigeadail. Hope they are as special as this Lagavulin.

Cheers Laddies,
RG
RandyG

Re: lagavulin 16

Unread postby Landrum » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Try to get ahold of a bottle of Lagavulin 12 yo Cask Strength. It's harder to source and a bit more expensive but I think you will enjoy the experience.
Landrum

Unread postby RandyG » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:12 am

Will do friend, and thanks for the reply. I tend to favor bourbons in the 100 to 110 proof range so a cask strength Lagavulin will definately be on the radar.

RG
RandyG

Unread postby ebo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:45 am

This only my opinion, but I think the Lag 12 Cask Strength is better than the 16. I tend to like my peated scotch in the 10 - 12 year range, because the peat is much more intense.... which I like. :wink:
ebo

Return to Scotch Whisky