Schenley Whiskey Cache

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderator: Squire

Schenley Whiskey Cache

Unread postby alrprman » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:49 pm

Hello Whiskey professors,
Today at about 2pm EDT I while removing a panel from behind and underneath my cellar steps have found an old cache of old mainly Schenley whiskey.
I found three or four bottles of O.F.C;A few bottle of Schenley Reserve,some Melrose.One bottle of Sir John Schenley.One bottle of Logansport Deluxe.Two big gallons of MacNaughton.A bottle of Old Charter Special edition and a bottle of I.W.Harper "Scenes of Old Kentucky " : The Rver Queen decanter.
All of these bottles are unopened and to be about 36 plus years old.I found them wrapped up in newspapers dating back to 1970.
I also found two business cards from a one C.W.Young President of Joseph S.Finch & Co A Schenley Distillers Affiliate.
Any info on these brands and what to do with them would be appreciated,unfortunetly I am not a purveyor of whiskey.
Thank You
Alrprman
alrprman

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:18 pm

Well there are but two things, really, that you can do with them if you are not a collector. Either drink them or sell them. You could sell them on E-Bay and perhaps realize a healthy gain for your trouble. You could also offer them for sale to members of this forum. I'm sure somebody would be interested in them.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby bunghole » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:20 pm

DRINK IT MAN! DRINK IT!
bunghole

Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey