New Sazarac Rye?

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby bourbonv » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:49 pm

John Vereeke just came by and dropped off some bottles for me. I had asked for a bottle of Ancient, Ancient Age and a Weller 12yo for a tasting I am doing early next year. He also brought along a bottle of the Sazerac Rye, but not just any bottle. He brought me a bottle signed by Mark Brown and it is labeled "bottle 902 of 1,000" from the first bottling run.

The package is very attractive with the shape of an old bar decanter with the brand name put on with white enamel. I have tried the whiskey before and I know it is a very tasty 6 yo rye. I am looking forward to trying this bottle.

He told me that he hopes to ship to his markets in Kentucky by the second week of January. Maybe late for the holidays, but just in time for the Super Bowl Parties!

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby MikeK » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:15 pm

Does anyone have any info about the supply of the new baby Sazerac? Will it be the traditional BT schedule of releasing a product once per year? Or are they planning to make this available year-round?

This is a wonderfully fruity and spicy drink. I'm just wondering if I should stock up while I can, or will it not be a problem?

Thanks if anyone has some info,

Mike
MikeK
Student of Whiskey
Student of Whiskey

Unread postby bourbonv » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:04 pm

Mike,
I understand it to be a situation where it will be a main line brand, but the first year or two of production was light so it will be limited until they crank up the production. I agree, it is a fine rye whiskey.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Previous

Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey