Jeremiah Weed

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderator: Squire

Jeremiah Weed

Unread postby tlsmothers » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:39 pm

Since Southern Comfort came up, I figured I'd ask about Jeremiah Weed. I've never tried it and it's not found up here. I've got a bar interested in making cocktails with it and am trying to learn more about it.
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby cowdery » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:13 pm

Weed is the same as Southern Comfort (see my post in the other thread) and was created to compete directly with Southern Comfort. The only difference is that it does contain a small amount of actual Canadian whiskey.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Unread postby tlsmothers » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:51 am

I have managed to get a reply from Diageo that there may be a possibility of getting some Weed into NY. (I just love sayin' that.) I've never had it and if it actually does have some whiskey in it, maybe it would be a little better alternative to Southern Comfort.
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby Joeluka » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:53 pm

I have a bottle of it and I'm here in New York. I can get you a bottle to try if you like as well.
Joe
Joeluka

Unread postby tlsmothers » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:25 am

I ain't had no luck getting the Weed back to NY. It used to be distributed here. I have a stash of it at Granny's house in Alabama.
tlsmothers

Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey