Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameJefferson's
Bottled ByMcLain and Kyne / Castle Brands ,
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content82 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Unknown
Views (since 20080612) 55695
Bottling Info

Review from Wasatch (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2273, Created:20131030222159)
Purchased at:Liquorama On-line
Purchased for:$29.99 750ml
Info on this bottle:Batch # 290, Bottle # 1585
Nose:Nice dark golden color.

This one is quite different than any other bourbon/whiskey I've had to date. Hard to put my finger on it. Slight vanilla, pretty spicy, slightly oaky
Taste:The taste is kinda slightly sweet, slightly spicy, with some oak notes, caramel.
Finish:Medium Body, pretty smooth for an 82 proof brew. Slightly dry finish.
Overall:This one goes down pretty easy. Would recommend for someone just starting off getting into Bourbons/Whiskeys.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from karloff (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2135, Created:20121126072350)
Purchased at:Edinburgh
Purchased for:32 pounds
Info on this bottle:Very small batch, Batch number162 Bottle number0587
Nose:A woody nose with vanilla and golden syrup
Taste:Light and creamy with vanilla
Finish:Woody and dry but very nice
Overall:Took a chance on this as it had some good reviews and i wsn't disapointed.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from thesfaktor (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1087, Created:20080522005500)
Purchased at:Woodman's, Rockford, IL
Purchased for:$23
Info on this bottle:Batch No. 17, Bottle No. 716
Nose:Cereal, faint limeade
Taste:Spicy on the front of the tongue, restrained oak, mild rye and corn balance.
Finish:Very Smooth, mildly viscous feel in throat, vanilla smooth sweet in back of mouth.
Overall:A tasty bourbon that is worth the purchase as a change of pace versus the more available and lower priced offerings from other Bourbon concerns. It is a tasty drink, but at this point it is really pushing into stiff competition.

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 869, Created:20071023211130)
Purchased at:Frys
Purchased for:$24
Info on this bottle:Batch # 40, Bittle No 1893
Proof Of this Bottle:82.3
Nose:
Taste:Caramel, very light citrus
Finish:
Overall:Easy drinker, but nothing to write home about. Possible a nice warm up for someone new to bourbon... or spirits in general...

Review from gillmang (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 814, Created:20070806135418, Updated:20070806182341)
Purchased at:Louisville
Purchased for:$30.00
Info on this bottle:Batch 15, bottle 701
Nose:Corn oil, oak, light char, some "creosote".
Taste:Quite heavy bodied, a combination of all the elements of the nose plus some alcohol and "warehouse" character.
Finish:Tannic, drying, light alcohol notes plus some sweet varnish.
Overall:A very interesting whiskey. At first I didn't like it but now I do. I would guess it is a HH distillate, that or Beam. An excellent traditional bourbon where the oily grainy taste isn't rubbed out in the final product.

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 402, Created:20060318064327)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:10.00
Info on this bottle:No. 647, Batch #40 (Whiskey averages 12 yo)
Proof Of this Bottle:90.2
Nose:Corn with sweet honey and caramel with a little oak wood in the background.
Taste:Caramel Corn and spice - allspice and cinnamon, with a little oak wood.
Finish:Sweet caramel with a little oak tannin and spice.
Overall:Nice bourbon to drink neat or on the rocks.

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 401, Created:20060318063929)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:8.00
Info on this bottle:Batch 06, Bottle 741
Proof Of this Bottle:88
Nose:Corn oil and vanilla with a little pepper spice and a little yeast or raw bread dough.
Taste:Sweet corn and caramel with a little honey and allspice.
Finish:Sweet honey and a little oak wood
Overall:Nice for sippin or in an old fashioned cocktail.

Review from mike stark (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 353, Created:20060217085914)
Purchased at:Around the World Liquors, Louisville, Kentucky
Purchased for:28.00
Info on this bottle:very small batch
Nose:Not a whole lot here to distinquish. Pleasant, but not great.
Taste:Very smoothe, one that can linger in the mouth and savior. I was expecting much more. No burn what so ever.
Finish:Again very smoothe, but leaves no real character. Nice for a sipping bourbon.
Overall:A little high priced for the results. Could vary greatly from bottle to bottle. Great for a beginner.

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 265, Created:20050831122604, Updated:20050831122837)
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$28.99
Info on this bottle:Very Small Batch
Proof Of this Bottle:88
Nose:The aromas struggle to leave the glass. They finally waft up reminiscent of sweet hay and vanilla. Not a memorable nose at all.
Taste:Corn sweetness tiptoes across the palate in every attempt to avoid disturbing you. Only mild spices timidly appear at the back of the mouth.
Finish:The finish goes out with a tiny spark of alcohol, just enough to remind you that you are probably drinking bourbon.
Overall:The bottle says very small batch and I say a good thing. Jefferson's is what I would call 'barely bourbon'. But, for what it costs, I am being too kind.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews