Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameParker's Heritage Collection "Promise of Hope"
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeStraight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content96 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age10
Views (since 20080612) 19883
Bottling Info

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2270, Created:20131028164218)
Purchased at:Habersham Beverage Warehouse, Savannah, GA
Purchased for:$89 ($20 goes to the ALS Association)
Nose:Pralines, leather, oak, nutmeg, green apples, and as Mike pointed out in his review, tobacco........ all make their way into the sniffer. After a few moments, the tobacco and leather seem to predominate.
Taste:Hearty sweet richness that coats the mouth until an explosion of ginger and cinnamon at mid-palate that is very cleansing. There is great balance and surprising subtlety and upfront softness in this gem.
Finish:Length. Balance. Subtlety.
Overall:This bourbon has a unique taste that I cannot yet describe. It is excellent whiskey. I suspect that it has that desirable quality of tasting a bit different at each sitting. The opening sweetness is quite complex.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2237, Created:20130903184343)
Purchased at:Gift from Distillery
Nose:Rich caramel toffee with a bit of sweet spice and oak. Fine leather and tobacco in the background with a hint of pears or ripe apple.
Taste:Caramel apples and sweet spice - nutmeg and cinnamon with some oak wood. Nice chewy mouth feel with no burn and a pleasant warmth in the throat.
Finish:WOW! This finish is long and sweet to start with fruit and spice but dries to a nice oak and hazelnut after a minute or so. It last a good 15 minutes as a pleasant flavor that really is nice.
Overall:Parker has yet to disappoint me with a selection for this collection. This is a very good bourbon and a part of every sale is going to a great cause.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews