Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameElijah Craig 21yo
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content90 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age21
Views (since 20080612) 24642
Bottling Info

Review from jneyer05 (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2280, Created:20131110181106)
Purchased at:Party Source
Purchased for:140
Nose:Apples, caramel. Very little spice.
Taste:Heavier ethanol taste. Cherries, oak, floral sweetness. Opens to cinnamon spice.
Finish:Slightly harsh. Pepper, some vanilla.
Overall:I am kind of disappointed in this bottle. I was expecting a lot more for the price and age on the bottle. The heavy ethanol taste distracts me from the rest of the drink and there just doesn't seem like enough is going on. It isn't bad but I enjoy the 12 year better. I am wondering if it just needs to open up a little bit more.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2227, Created:20130805121817) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Gift from Distiller
Info on this bottle:Barreled 11/26/90 Barrel 41
Nose:Rich creme brule' caramel and oak. A hint of fine tobacco and apricots with sweet spices.
Taste:Caramel and vanilla with some apricot fruit and sweet spice - nutmeg and allspice. Just a hint of oak tannins.
Finish:Starts sweet, but the dries out with oak tannins and then gets sweet again with a fruity sweetness - apricots or peaches.
Overall:I like this bourbon. It has a very good balance of oak and other flavors. The finish is much better than what I usually get out of Elijah Craig 18yo and the fruity finish does not go south on this product like I found in the 18yo in the past. A very good extra aged bourbon to sip neat or with a meal and after dinner cigar.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews