Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameTown Branch
Bottled ByAlltech's Lexington Distilling Co. Lexington,Kentucky
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content80 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age0
Views (since 20080612) 26986
Bottling Info

Review from jneyer05 (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2253, Created:20130929183858)
Purchased at:Alltech's Lexington Distillery
Nose:Some vanilla. Tobacco. There is a strong spicy presence.
Taste:Candy, Caramel.
Finish:Heavier caramel finish. Hard finish which doesn't last very long.
Overall:A surprisingly decent bottle. Not very complex though. The spicy smell led me think that there was going to be a presence of pepper in the taste but I didn't get it. Nice taste but kind of one dimensional. The finish is hard and quick. The caramel really came out here but did not last long. I believe if the bourbon had a drop or so of water it would really bring out some different tastes. Good bottle but don't expect a ton of flavors.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2203, Created:20130630144817)
Purchased at:Goft from KDA
Nose:Candy corn and vanilla with some tobacco and leather notes. Not overly complex.
Taste:A little thin in the mouth with corn and vanilla with some sweet spices - cinnamon and oak tannins.
Finish:Starts rather sweet and spicy, but quickly becomes dry and spicy. Rather short, but not a bad finish.
Overall:Not a bad bourbon from a craft distiller. I think a higher bottling proof would help the flavor, making it a bit more complex, but it is a good product as is.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews