Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameElijan Craig Barrel Proof
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeStraight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content134.2 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age12
Views (since 20080612) 28539
Bottling Info

Review from Wasatch (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2330, Created:20150228193241)
Purchased at:Salt Lake City, State Liquor Store
Purchased for:$49.99
Info on this bottle:Batch #6
Nose:Very nice thick/darker golden amber color.

Very very nice vanilla note, caramel, some maple, oak, with some nice spicyness. Very very nice aroma. High Octane!
Taste:Very nice oak note, spicy, with some vanilla/maple notes. A nice sweetness at first, then some HIGH OCTANE. There is a nice thickness to this bourbon also. Surprised me, for such high proof, pretty freakn' smooth, and not hot at all.
Finish:Lasts a long time, with a very dry finish, with some tobacco. Very very smooth, for something this high octane.
Overall:Overall a very tasty/exceptional bourbon. Glad that I got a chance to try it. Definitely a keeper, would definitely buy again. This bottle will last along time for sure, maybe just special occasions. This is the highest proof bourbon to date for me. Still cannot believe how smooth this is, very very tasty. Glad I picked up 2 bottles.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from 393foureyedfox (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2249, Created:20130924113113)
Purchased at:louisville ky
Purchased for:$47+tax
Info on this bottle:second release
Nose:smelled chemically, the instinct is to not want to drink it
Taste:confrimed the nose. It left me with the feeling that I had just glugged something out of the garage or paint shed.
Finish:I couldnt find the words to describe this until talking with another bourbon fan........it is like chewing on a rotten oak log that has been soaked in paint thinner.
Overall:i had excitedly looked for this stuff for the better part of a year and was severely disappointed when I got it opened and tried it. Now, I love high proofs, but this wasnt for me. It wasnt the 'hot', it was the heavy wood taste, and not a good one at that. I usually like to take a sip, swish it around a while, then swallow it. This made me feel like my cheeks were going to rot off and fall out, reaffirming my first impression that this was not intended to be consumed, but was better suited for diluting flooring urethane. I think I learned that I dont like highly aged bourbons.......because I love high proof, and I love HH stuff.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2187, Created:20130415114334)
Purchased at:Gift from distillery
Info on this bottle:Single barrel barrel proof
Nose:Lots of vanilla and caramel and oak. A bit of dark fruit - plums and ripe pears.
Taste:Very heavy with oak wood tannins. A bit more wood than I like, but not too bitter with tannins. The caramel and vanilla come through with the fruit and some spice, but mostly leading into the finish.
Finish:Starts very woody and dry with a slight bitterness, but gets better as it progresses. The sweet fruit and carmel come out and it actually has a very long a sweeter finish than expected.
Overall:Water actually made the wood taste stronger and the finish more tannic and bitter. I will drink this straight.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews