Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameBulleit 95 Rye
Bottled ByBulleit Distilling CO Lawrenceburg,IN
TypeStraight Rye Whiskey
Alcohol content95 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Mashbill Info95% Rye
Views (since 20080612) 36251
Bottling Info

Review from darwincat (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2298, Created:20140406205819)
Purchased at:Zyn, Calgary Canada
Purchased for:$33 CDN
Info on this bottle:95% Rye Mashbill (In English AND French)
Nose:Immediate hit was fresh mint, a little spicy, nothing too elaborate
Taste:clean, simple and smooth. There is a strong clean mint flavour in there with the oak and spice.
Finish:I agree that it does not have a lasting presence, the hit is quite instant and fades fast, but it is very delicious.
Overall:For me a good starter Rye, I will always prefer Bourbon, but this opened many doors for me to try some of the other Ryes available here in Canada from the USA, such as HiWest, Rittenhouse and an amazing EH Taylor, so I have to love Bulleit

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from PollardsVision (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2261, Created:20131010211025)
Purchased at:Virginia ABC
Purchased for:$28
Nose:Oak, spice. Slight hint of subdued fruit. Maybe pear. Not a ton going on on the nose.
Taste:Very dry and spicy. Almost no fruit or sweetness that I can detect. Big mint flavors towards the finish.
Finish:Spicy. Not a very long finish.
Overall:This is a very straightforward and uncomplicated whiskey. I mean that in the best way possible. I'm often in the mood for a nice, spicy, dry whiskey and this one really hits the spot. It's simply delicious. I do (did) prefer Wild Turkey 101 Rye, but this is a fantastic rye whiskey, and this will be my go to Rye (albeit with a very limited local selection).

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from MartyV (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2257, Created:20131004221834, Updated:20131004222256)
Purchased at:Lawrenceville NJ
Purchased for:27
Info on this bottle:bulleit rye, 95 percent rye mash
Nose:light spice, oak
Taste:Smooth, light spice, oaky, refined, peppery, caramel
Finish:Strong finish, but mid length, burn for five or so seconds, smooth.
Overall:Excellent. Makes a very strong, solid true rye manhattan. 95 rye is more than most rye mashbills. Good for price, used to like rittenhouse for 21-22 a bottle but now that Ritt has crept up to 27 also, worth experimenting and trying bulleit and others. Solid, have in collection.

Review from Photoqwest (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2225, Created:20130731003315, Updated:20130805214634) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Mega Liquor Warehouse Hemet, Ca
Purchased for:$19.95
Proof Of this Bottle:90
Nose:Light spice, slight hint of oak
Taste:Clean and crisp, but not like an apple, in fact no fruityness or sweetness at all. Initial numbness from the proof fades as the dry and spicy rye comes through, slight hints of oak.
Finish:Does not linger long, spicy rye with hint of oak. Disappears way to fast.
Overall:If you like rye whiskey this one is not bad. It makes a decent manhatten. I like Original Breakout Premium Rye better, but breakout also costs about $10 more.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews