Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameE.H. Taylor, Jr. Barrel Proof
Bottled ByBuffalo Trace Distillery Frankfort,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content0 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age0
Views (since 20080612) 32741
Bottling Info

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2348, Created:20150902155111, Updated:20150902155157) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Habersham Beverage, Savannah, GA
Purchased for:$79.99
Info on this bottle:Single Barrel BIB - 2014 release
Nose:Vanilla, Oak char, Rye, Leather, Corn, Cinnamon, all heaped into a glass but with nothing controlling. The nose reports that there will be no wayward or off flavors but makes no predictions beyond that
Taste:Rich in corny sweetness that lasts straight across the mouth in spite of a cinnamon attack from the rye.
Finish:Some oak tannins cause the decay of the sweetness (and the rye) and carry the lot down the gullet where the 100 proof sets off on its task of muddling the brain.
Overall:An excellent bourbon that is a mite on the dry side, which makes me no nevermind.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Wasatch (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2327, Created:20150206193316)
Purchased at:Vintage Wine and Spirits (On-Line)
Purchased for:750ml $79.99
Info on this bottle:BIB (3rd Release 2014) 7-8 Yr. Old
Nose:Very nice darker golden amber color.

Very very nice vanilla note, caramel, some maple, oak, with some nice spicy/cinnammon. Very very nice aroma.
Taste:Very nice oak note, spicy, with some vanilla/maple notes. There is a nice thickness to this bourbon. Definitely packs a waulop, but I say not as hot as a Bookers, well not at this sitting.
Finish:Lasts a long time, with a very dry finish, with some tobacco. Very very smooth, for something this high octane. After 3-4 sips it settles down some.
Overall:Overall a very tasty/exceptional bourbon. Glad that I got a chance to try it. Definitely a keeper, would definitely buy again. This bottle will last along time for sure, maybe just special occasions.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Bourbon Joe (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2138, Created:20121126212618) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Pennsylvania PALCB
Purchased for:60.35
Nose:Very nice mix of caramel, vanilla and oak, in good balance. Nice nose feel here.
Taste:A bit hot at proof, so I cut it down to about 105-110, What a wonderful whiskey emerged. Everything that should have been there was there, Great mouth feel.
Finish:A fairly long drying finish.
Overall:This one's a beauty and one of my favorites. I don't believe I've heard the age of this stuff. When I see this one, I'll buy it.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews