Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameLeopold Bros. Maryland Style Rye
Bottled ByLeopold Bros. Denver,Colorado
TypeRye
Alcohol content86 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Mashbill Info65% rye 15% corn 20% malt
Age0
Views (since 20080612) 20046
Bottling InfoBarrel entry proof 98, Number 3 char barrels, a top fermenting yeast

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2096, Created:20120714104707) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Gift from distillery
Info on this bottle:Barrel Number 9
Nose:Very heavy cereal notes with some vanilla. Very light nose overall.
Taste:Very light taste with no alcohol burn, but the flavors that are there are very nice. Slight cherry or berry fruit with vanilla and a hint of sweet spices.
Finish:I think I like this finish the best. It is not strong or overpowering in any flavor, but it leaves a nice sweet flavor thay lingers. Sometimes I think vanilla, other times fruit and it changes between the two for over a minute.
Overall:This is a nice product. I think the Leopold Bros. are on the right track with this product. I am assuming this is 4 years old since there is no statement of age on the label. It is very good at that age and compared to many other products on the market of the same age, it is very mature. Now if Todd would only send me a sample of his bourbon...

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews