Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameWilliam Larue Weller 2007
Bottled ByBuffalo Trace Distillery Frankfort,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content117.9 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Views (since 20080612) 11455
Bottling Info

Review from Dump Bucket (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1818, Created:20100311230547)
Purchased at:50 ml from Ironside
Purchased for:50 ml of 07 WLW
Info on this bottle:2009 version
Nose:Hmm, has a little of that PVW 15 nose to it. That creamier caramel with a touch of candy spice. There is some vanilla, candy corn hints and a slow role up of alc that complements the other (enhances) scents
Taste:Candy spices, vanilla and them some heat. There is a full oily mouth feel here that is quite pleasant with a touch of melons on the end of the pallet.
Finish:Sugar/vanilla and then some heat fading into some soft oak and more candy corn and candy spices. I want to say there is some cinnamon here, but its not quite cinnamon, more nutmeg and brown sugar blended
Overall:I dig it. Lots in this bourbon. THis is a sample (50ml) from Ioronside and I I am looking forward to opening mine at some point. I can see why the high rating on this. It has the entire package.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1391, Created:20081217162413, Updated:20081217171116)
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$79
Info on this bottle:2008 release
Proof Of this Bottle:125
Nose:Vanilla, molasses, maple syrup, leather, pecans, corn work up a rich concoction worthy of the Weller name.
Taste:Cut to about 105 proof there is the high viscosity maple sweetness given so graciously by the oak. The nose is completely justified........the flavors foretold by the nose live in the taste. Did I mention the oak? It is there too, offering a dry contrast, along with the cinnamon spice, to the sweet and nutty tastes that coat your whole mouth.
Finish:Moderate but deep and satisfying.
Overall:A complex and wonderful bourbon much to be enjoyed. Highly recommended!!

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1359, Created:20081117162010, Updated:20081217161430) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Salem Spirits, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$79
Proof Of this Bottle:117
Nose:Vanilla and leather creep out at their own chosen pace. A while in the glass brings out some caramel and butterscotch. It quickly grows in depth as the alcohol abates. Still, not as rich as some from the past. This nose teases, seeming almost shy.
Taste:Rich and thick with vanilla and maple elements. A touch of licorice adds an interesting twist. Like with the nose, this boy grows on you. A dribble drab of das wasser gives him permission to sing in full voice and his voice becomes crystal clear, intense, tight, complex, and compelling..........a concerto of flavors, to mix my metaphors.
Finish:Long and drying
Overall:Ready to ride! No batteries needed!

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1026, Created:20080223221019)
Purchased at:BevMo, Chandler AZ
Proof Of this Bottle:117.9
Nose:Smoke and oak. Like the 07 Stagg , this has more oak and smoke than the 06 and 05 to me....
Taste:Very strong tastes. Almost unapproachable until it is diluted and it opens... then wow.. a mouth full of leather and oak with hints of vanilla..

Finish:Lots of vanilla, maple, oak, cedar, smoke, leather, some floral and a few other flavors. This puppy takes you on field trip through tasteville....
Overall:

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews