Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameBuffalo Trace 'Bourbon Enthusiast'
Bottled ByBuffalo Trace Distillery Frankfort,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content90 Proof
Availability US: Unknown Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age9
Views (since 20080612) 13775
Bottling InfoFall 2004
Single Barrel
This bottling is from a single barrel selected by a group of Bourbon Enthusiasts who traveled to Kentucky to select a barrel at Buffalo Trace Distillery.

Review from bunghole (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 62)
Purchased at:
Info on this bottle:#27
Nose:Rich mahogany hued amber.

Strikingly complex and extremely well balanced nose of crisp apples; sweet char, butterscotch, and vanilla.
Taste:A very lively palate as the apples and butterscotch convey from the nose into a county fair candied apple treat. A fine leather pouch of tobacco is discreetly tucked into this bourbon's vest pocket.
Finish:Outstanding finish that is silken and warms with the arrival of cinnamon and allspice that whispers "rye" to the attentive listener. Respectable in length and semi-dry.
Overall:This is such a subtle and soft-spoken bourbon that I had to spend all day with it before I could begin to come to terms with it's very well balanced complexities. It's also a very contemplative bourbon that I had to study slowly. It's fine finish is what makes this barrel such a standout. Excellent choice gentlemen!

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Brewer (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 55)
Purchased at:LeNells
Info on this bottle:See above
Nose:There is a nice degree of citrus, along with oak as well as spicy aromas. There is a bit of sweet honey as well.

Taste:The citrus comes through in the taste along with corn and leather. Very nice.
Finish:The finish is sweet and medium long with some tingling spiciness at the end. The citrus is a consistent factor in this bottling. It is present in nose, taste and finish.
Overall:This bottling is particularly enjoyble and is a very easy drinking bourbon. I also enjoy this due to the fact that it is a wonderful single barrel, chosen by myself and a number of other folks and that process contributed to the special quality of this bottling. It is also unique from the "regular" Buffalo Trace, which is a very good product in its own right.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mark (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 53)
Purchased at:LeNell's
Info on this bottle:Medallion which says "Bottled for Kentucky Straight Bourbon Enthusiasts, Fall 2004"
Nose:Citrus, oak and a bit of spice
Taste:Corn, oak and leather
Finish:Citrus (orange/tangerine). No burn at all with just a bit of spice towards the end.
Overall:This is not your normal everyday bottling of Buffalo Trace. It really stands out in a crowd! Very unique and distinctive when compared to regular store bought offerings

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews